Saturday, June 07, 2008

Basically Blah

From the BBC article "Who knows why oil prices are high"


So what is it that moves oil prices up and down?
"It's the fundamentals, stupid," says Mark Lewis from Energy Market Consultants.
The fundamentals are factors that influence the supply of, and demand for, oil.


"We really don't know what the fundamentals are doing at any point in time," Mr Lewis says.
"The markets are looking for signals from the fundamentals. Some of them are irrelevant, some of them are wrong, some of them are meaningless, but they affect prices nevertheless."



Believe me this two paragraphs are from the same article which finally says no body has any clue why the oil-prices have gone high. Another case of a confidently confused analyst. Wish I got a job like Mr. Lewis that pays me for uttering gibberish.

4 comments:

Apocalyptus said...

LOL...now that's what I'd call my kinda job...would be the happiest person on this planet if I can get hold of one such job....

Bishu said...

At my present job me too cook up cocky stories to explain the crappy end user experiences. Only difference is I don't get paid just for that. That's why I really envy Mr. Lewis who has microphones shot at his mouth for nonsensical sound bytes and pockets a grand for that

Apocalyptus said...

Hello...thanks for visiting my blog. No, I don't think we know each other. As I just found out, it's a mere coincidence that we both are in the same city at present. [:)] As far as I can remember I got into your blog from some other blog, may be GB's.

ghetufool said...

good one. unfortunately, i write these kind of articles everyday. oil price and inflation are the hot topics.